Chardham Yatra is India’s most devoted and featured part of India spiritual tour which comprises of visiting to four glorious shrines including Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and lastly the Badrinath Dham. It is a perfect way to find the spiritual redemption and re-energizing of mind and body in every way. The Char Dham are only open at certain times of the year from late April or early May to November. May and June is the peak pilgrimage period. A Char Dham yatra isn’t easy. Pilgrims really need to earn the benefits bestowed, as only two of the temples (Badrinath and Gangotri) are accessible by vehicle. The remaining two (Yamunotri and Kedarnath) require treks. Therefore, proper medical check up and registration is done before starting the yatra.
For doing Chardham yatra, one must carry some important things with him. Some of them are :
- A medical kit with painkillers, antibiotics, cough lozenges and medicines for cold and fever should be there along with raincoats and umbrellas.
- A small torch is essential equipment as lights can go off at any time and the luggage should be waterproof.
- One must carry woolen caps, gloves,sweaters, socks, etc with him which will enable to with stand cold winds, at the upper level of Himalayas and one should avoid cold salads, raw vegetables, drinks with ice, etc.
- One should carry their routine medicines, as you might find only limited and general medicine at such remote locations.
- Carry dark chocolates, dry fruits, Glucose, toffees. They will provide instant energy during the trekking and during long jams.
- Carry extra batteries and films for your camera, as electricity is not regular in such remote places.
- A proper medical checkup should be done from doctor and a certificate from the doctor regarding the fitness of the person going for proposed Chardham Yatra should be issued.
- One should not carry any precious items like the jewellery, credit/debit card and any other thing. Keep these things in your hotel.
- Women must avoid wearing sarees as they would find it very difficult to walk. Instead of saree, they can go for the salwar kameez.
- Carry personal toilet items, they are very useful during the breaks in long journey of Char Dham.
- One can start walking for about 30 minutes a month prior to Chardham yatra as walking keeps body healthy and make legs stronger.
- Chardham yatra will involve walking for longer hours, crossing rivers, etc. So, one must prepare their body by starting some exercise which reduces chances of falling sick on the way.
- One must include complex carbohydrates and food rich in fiber in their diet during the yatra to feel full for a longer duration which provides energy to continue the journey.
- If a person is carrying Digital Camera or Handy cam, do carry extra pair of battery, as there is no guarantee if there is electricity for charging you equipment.
- One should always avoid carrying heavy luggage along with you and make sure you carry only the most necessitated items with you.
Chardham Yatra is India’s most devoted and featured part of India spiritual tour which comprises of visiting to four glorious shrines including Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and lastly the Badrinath Dham. It is a perfect way to find the spiritual redemption and re-energizing of mind and body in every way. At chardhampackages.in we make sure that your chardham yatra is comfortable and secure. We plan the arrangements in advance. We accept responsibility for ensuring that your chardham travel arrangements, which you book with us, are supplied as represented and promised to you. For more information about chardham yatra, badrinath packages, yamunotri travel, gangotri tour and kedarnath dham contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91-9634207239